The DU~AL Year-Round Stock Tank is a unique winter watering system that provides a sustainable off-grid solution for ranchers and farmers.
This unit is adapted for remote livestock herds in extreme Canadian weather conditions and is compatible with a wide range of water sources including dugout, wet well, cased well, pumphouse, or underground pressure line.
The DU~AL winter watering system features a super insulated tank and can withstand temperatures of more than -40C plus windchill. This system uses a low energy (LPG) propane heat source with a flameless catalytic heater. Two 40-lb bottles of propane will last up to two months.
PATENTED DESIGN FEATURES:
- Quick and easy installation
- Services up to 250 head of cattle
- It’s portable and can easily be moved to any location
- Tank capacity of 30 imperial gallons
- Can be adapted to any type of water source, including underground pressure line, and connected to an additional water trough
- Heat source is a flameless catalytic heater using LPG (propane fuel)
- Propane fuel consumption = 1.5 lb/day
- Recycles heated exhaust and vapour back into top of tank
- Can be expanded to operate as a stand-alone solar/wind powered base
Examples of Typical Winter Watering Applications
DU~AL tank, complete with solar skid frame, installed on a wet well
M-series pump with wet-well kit
DU~AL with additional 400 gallon trough